Saturday, April 14, 2007

12TH APRIL 2007 - FIRE IN THE HOUSE


Historical Day for SMK Seafield

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



"Finally! After 7 years of waiting under the bloody hot sun, a fire FINALLY HAPPENED!" - Ragu

Sigh. I don't know where to start. It's my school. My damn school for God's sakes. I'm the God damn Head Girl. DAMMIT.

Give me a minute to clear this depression and give you the story you're anticipating.

It was a lovely Thursday. I had some 'business' to do on that particular morning and there wasn't any classes before recess, thus, I only arrived school at 9.50am. I went upstairs to my classroom - the classroom you see beside that smoking toilet is empty, awaiting arrival of lower-sixers, the one right beside it is my classroom - to put my bag and then went back downstairs to do some work.

Being the kiasu fellas my class was, everyone was quietly completing our math homework without a care in the world. It was until few of my friends, Hsin Sian and Foong Ping stepped out of the class to go to the toilet, that they saw the black, black smoke emitting through that abandoned toilet which serves as a storeroom now.

Without hesitation, they ran down to the discipline room and notify the first discipline teacher they saw there!

HS : CIKGU! CIKGU! *shaking her shoulders vigourously*
*points* ADA API!!!!

Pn V : *started gasping loudly* Hah...... Keluar! Keluar!
PERGI....PADANG.... *started breathing loudly*

Pn V was clearly showing signs that she might faint any moment and needed the pregnant lady's first aid - the one where you breathe through a paper bag.

Next Hsin Sian became my class hero when she rushed upstairs to notify my class about the fire. As our class was closest to the fire, and being form-sixers, our precious life was at stake and SMK Seafield can't afford to lose kiasu(s) like us!

Hsin Sian ran with all her might back to our classroom only finding the whole class was still oblivious to the thick black smoke as everyone was deeply enthralled in our math homework.

HS : CLASS....GOT FIRE! RUN..............................

Class : *blink blink*

HS : REALLY ONE AR................

Class : *few girls walk out of the class*
WAH! REALLY ONE OH!

A few form4 guys who have been awaiting the chance to break that fire emergency alarm glass finally got a chance to show their macho-ness. However, that thing ain't as easy to break as we thought it was.

Guy 1 : *punches it with the hand* WALAO! DAMN PAIN!

Guy 2 : Who ask you so dumb.
* grabs a stone and start whacking the thing like mad*

Different people react differently towards emergencies like that. When I heard an explosion then the alarm rang, I was right outside another toilet waiting for my friend at the ground floor.

*alarm rings*
First thought - Fire drill ar..

*looks up* OMG! SO MUCH SMOKE!
RIGHT BESIDE MY CLASS!
HOLY COW!

*looks up at the stairs* People running down.
A sounds comes out of nowhere - "API! API!"

For half a minute, I was just dumbfounded. Seriously. I just stood there and stare at the smoke and people coming down the stairs. It's like everything feels so surreal.
My brain is saying - C'mon..this can't be real.. Wah..the school is really going all out on training our students to do the fire drill seriously...

Another voice came out of nowhere - "EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!"

Then it struck me, this is real.

Second thought - SHIT! MY EXPENSIVE STPM BOOKS!
Brain :
Jessica Loke Jessica Loke....
Why didnt you just place the bag inside the discipline room when you just came to school..
Why why why...
My books...
*sobs* *sobs*

Third thought - flash back to last week
Class Monitor - Chee Hee :
Class today during WBS (waktu belajar sendiri) we have to do the fire drill.

Shiny : Don't want la.. This is the only time we get to do our homework you know..

Me : Yalah...I'm here for 7 years d la.. Not like a fire is gonna happen

*JINXED!*

And all this while I'm still standing at the same spot staring at the thick black smoke emitting from the building. Then I suddenly realised my friend is still in the toilet! Quickly, another prefect and I, notify all the clueless people in the toilet. Their expression on the face was like - wtf.

And I guess the worse way to die is when a disaster struck while you're in the toilet. Seriously! It's one of my fears at home like when I'm doing business no.2 in the toilet then a plane crashes onto my house! That's why I never spent too long in the toilet and squeak whenever I hear a plane flying by my house while in the toilet.


After getting the toilet people out to the field came my forth thought.
-flash back to day before yesterday-

Dearest MunLok and I was on a mission to find out about stolen hand phones. So me and him went around the most secluded corners of the school. That's when we discovered that room - the one which is on fire as even more useless thoughts flash out my mind. The room was supposed to be locked but the chain that was around the grill door was loose, thus, even MunLok who has the club bouncer body could slip through the grill and go inside.

The toilet was rumoured to be haunted many years ago. As we inspect what's inside I was scared as hell and was ready to jump into MunLok's arms any moment. There was old wooden tables stacked up high inside, bundles of past year buku ponteng(s) AND THINNER! LOTS AND LOTS OF EXTRA STRONG THINNER - the ones inside tins not bottles! All of those stuff was placed together at the sink area. We walked to the cubicle area and the toilet bowl was black in colour. haunted haunted haunted.....

Me : *damn scared*
MunLok.. Why are the toilets black in colour?
It's like something exploded inside...

ML :
Aiyah nothing one la.. Could be just cuz' no one used for a long time d..

There was also cigarette butts inside the cubicles which suggest students have been going inside regularly to smoke. I made a mental note to remember, remember, remember to notify Pn U. And then the bell rang and I got an important appointment, so I made another mental note to remember, remember, remember to notify her first thing in the morning.

-Wednesday-
Walking around doing work as usual for teachers.... Aiyah! Nearly forgot! Went to see Pn U. Then she told me to see Pn C to do something bout' the matter... I went to look for Pn C 3, 4 times, couldnt find her.. And then school ended once again...

-Thursday/TODAY-
*JENG JENG JENG!*

Shut up. I feel guilty enough already okay so don't even mention this in front of my face.

Back to the story. As I said, different people react differently during emergencies. Now we shine the limelight to Shane and his two posse.

Shane : *points*
Look! There is a fire! Looks like it's a job for Shane the Mane!

They manage to obtain one of those fire extinguisher hanging outside classrooms and ran to the scene.

Guy #1 : Oh no! The door is jam!

Shane : C'mon! Kick it! *aims fire extinguisher*

Guy #2 : It's not working!

Shane : I don't care! We must put out the fire!

They were then evacuated by prefects at that area.
[Note to Shane : Eh. Later the door blast open with the fire out onto your pretty face, it'll be disfigured one ar..]

Another ex-form5 who happened to be in school ran upstairs upon hearing there was a fire and was stopped by a prefect.

Simon :
EH! WHY YOU STOP ME! WE HAVE TO SAVE THE SCHOOL BEFORE THE FIRE BURN THE WHOLE SCHOOL DOWN!

OMG... Guys.. Please control your hormones...

-6A Emergency First Thoughts-

Shiny : OMG! MY MATH HOMEWORK!

JessLoi : MY MATH HOMEWORK!

WeiJie : MY BUNS!

RongYao : MY CALCULATOR!

The fact that our class was so close to the fire, 90% of us were worried that our math homework would be destroyed by fire or destroyed in the process of saving the fire by water. JLoi couldn't imagine the pain of having to redo her math work as quoted in her blog. WeiJie seriously left the place with his buns and the same goes for RongYao with his calculator.

Conclusion :
6A tidak mementingkan diri sendiri tetapi makanan dan kerja sekolah mereka.

To let you in on a secret. While evacuating students, I went back to class and move my bag to 6B. I know it's dumb but there are worth few hundred bucks okay! And some notes are priceless!

Lucky for us, Pn N's husband who works in MPSJ caught a glance of the smoke from our school even before we noticed it and called the fire department.

Mr X :
Hmmm.. What is my wife doing now?
*picks up binoculars*
OMG! FIRE!

So romantic.....


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The good news is the fire didn't spread to my classroom. And bad news is everybody's hating me now for not moving their bags and math homework for them.

The few Heads got to went in the room yesterday to clear some things. The condition of the toilet is very bad. Toilets also melted along with the doors which only have the metal frame left. Asbestos from above cracked and collapsed down. Steel frames from the ceiling also fell. The place really gave me goosebumps. Creepy....Still haunted..... I'll show you the pictures later, for now alot of things is still in confidential matter.


What would your first thought be in an emergency like this?


dumb jo thinking

4 comments:

jessieloi said...

First of all, I was concerned about my firends first OKAY! When I knew everyone was alright, then I started worrying about my homework and my brand new basketball shoes.

WeiJie managed to save his bun what right? and i heard someone said shiaoloong saved his calculator.

jess said...

yes.yes.dear o' jessLoi ye' faithful friend was concerned bout her friends first.
correction made.
it was RongYao bringing his calculator with him.haha.
and ya.first thing WeiJie grab with him was his buns.haha
I think some people from our class might have secretly grabbed their math homework.haha

chee hee said...

'some people from our class might have secretly grabbed their math homework'

the person is dhardhar la... lol... she managed to save her maths h/w (but one exercise only la...) XD

jessLoke said...

OMIGOSH! REALLY??!!
SHE REALLY GRABBED THE HOMEWORK??!!
OMG!