Sunday, June 17, 2007

Confession

* Warning : Long Story Ahead ! *

Now that you guys have been warned. I will go ahead and sing my heart out.



My new found respect for The Scouts.

to be more specific

The 104 scouts of Petaling Jaya Scouts Association from SMK Seafield.

I'm the kinda person who dislike any activity which involves people yelling into my face.
Like scouts for example.

The troop leader will blow the 'whistle?' or some thingamajig and count to 10 and wherever you are, you're suppose to come running lintang pukang to line up in front of the troop leader.


And he/she will most probably yell into your face.

I guess that was the only side of scouts I've know.

Others include -

1. Marching under hot sun almost everyday.

2. Running lintang pukang to troop leader or any senior.

3. Having to complete their thick, thick Log Book with all the details of being a fantastic scout which is a bad idea for me cuz it's like completing my non-existence homework.



To make things not so boring for you guys.
Let me post your favourite pic.




This man.

Is the scouts' teacher advisor.

He was just placed in this year.

*inhale* It was because he was first the golf club advisor but everyone was getting full marks for koku for it and all he did was had one general meeting for the entire year but he replied that was the only meeting and everybody came so of course he have to give everyone 100%. *exhale*

So they place him with the scouts.
Scouts have strong survivor skills. Their body wont die without a teacher advisor's strong presence.

Surprisingly that man, the very same man who recently asked my class to comment on our own report book -

Class : Aren't you suppose to do this?

Mr K : Do yourself la! My time is very precious!

Class : But.....what are we suppose to write???

Mr K :
Write! I fail! I'm a failure. I'm a disgrace to my family. I should commit suicide. I will jump down the building right now.

- that very same man, stayed in school from morning 7am til 12 midnight. And rehearsal on the night before also til 12midnight plus.



7th Annual Campfire Night of the 104 scouts from SMK Seafield

16th June 2007

They made it a school day.

To add salt to the wound.

It rained, drizzled. From approximately 4.30pm til midnight.

At first when it rained at 4.30pm.

Yeah! Rain now rain now!!!!

Means at night no more rain!!!!

5.30 : Still rain still rain...



6.30 : Please stop please stop!!



7.30 : hahahahahahahahahahaha



8.30 : everybody crying..........



Well. Not everyone le. But you know the chain reaction.


The agenda went haywire. Everybody running everywhere. Like chaos in 28 weeks later. The walkie talkies was also going crazy cuz everybody's yelling in it. The stage that was setup the previous night was drenched outside. The PA that was setup hours before at the car park is clueless on what to do.


And every once in a while, you see someone crying.


Until 9pm, when the event started, YuanShuang, the Organizing Chairperson, was still wearing what she wore 6am that day. She was running everywhere in the rain armed with a walkie talkie those 5 gruelling hours.
Lynn Shane was everywhere with an umbrella cuz her station was outside the school. JiaYi the Troop Leader, needless to say was more frustrated and worried than ever.


The 3 of them - True Best Friends.

It's so difficult to find people now who are this honest, this true to each other, this real yet at the same time this capable, this responsible, this leader-like.


It makes me re-think so much about my own position.
How superficial things has become and how fake the person I'm slowly turning into.
Alot of times I wonder if things would really work out.
Whether would it be worth sacrificing for is still another story.


I'm really at a lost of words here.



Sophie Lau. This girl here, I have my upmost respect for.
Without her, the event wouldn't have being able to go on.
She gave such uplifting impromptu speech.


"Please. I'm not asking for your pity, I'm asking for your support. My juniors here, they have prepared since the last campfire night itself. They came every single day during the two weeks school holidays. When you guys were happily on vacation, they were in school everyday. Painting the banner, preparing the backdrop, practicing their performance..."


" The OC of the event cried just now. I mean, who wouldn't? If it's your event, your IU night, and the lights and air-cond got shut off all of a sudden, you would cry too right?"


" So do you think it's right that you guys boo-ed the people up here? C'mon people! This is not the spirit Seafield has taught us! This is not how we're raised! So can we have some support for the people up here? "



This was a small part of it.
Honestly, I really am touched.



When finally everything flow properly until the end, it just felt right.
I know the Fire Performance was cancelled.
I know the Tunnel of Love game was cancelled.
But look at the bright side!
The event was still a success!



The show ended at 11.30pm. And most of the scouts only went home midnight.
And while I'm typing this now 9 in the morning.
They are in school clearing the mess everybody made.



I salute you scouts!

Especially Sophie Lau, Pan Jia Yi, Lim YuanShuang and Foo Lynn Shane.
Thank you for so very much for so very much that you've taught me in a mere 2 days time.



*SALUTE*

No comments: