Monday, December 29, 2008

Back To Life

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all away....

When I was young, my parents had me and my siblings watch titanic together with them. Having read what was bound to happen (iceberg meets Titanic), I was praying so, so, so, hard that it wouldn't be the same in the movie.

My palms were sweaty, my eyelids were flickering and my heart was SCREAMING "YOU DUMB ICEBERG WATCHER MAN, STOP WATCHING KATE & LEO FROLICKING AROUND! ICEBERG COMING AND YOU ARE GONNA DIE A HORROR DEATH BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF ROMANTIC COMEDIES!!!!"

And of course, Titanic still sunk and broke my heart.
So I would play it again, and again, and again, each time wishing for something different to happen.

MAYBE IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE SEX (IN THAT HOT STEAMY CAR) TITANIC WOULDN'T HAVE SUNK!
MAYBE IF THEY WEREN'T LAUGHING SO LOUD!
MAYBE IF IT WAS A DIFFERENT MAN ON WATCH!

Then after give or take a week I would give up and move onto other movies in my parents collection like Scream, praying hard that the scary mask dude suddenly finds Jesus and stop killing all those hormone-raging, boozy teenagers.

My childhood innocent hopes has been crushed by horror movies like that...

It was not until I had nightmares after watching a National Geographic documentary on snakes - screaming SNAKES EVERYWHERE! SNAKES EVERYWHERE! 3am in the toilet - that my parents decided to ban watching horror movies at home. And yes, Titanic is included on that list.

Right now I really want to watch Revolutionary Road but am afraid of those Titanic feelings as Celine Dion put it "It's all coming back, all coming back, coming back to me!"

And if you really are too free and want to waste away this last few days of your holidays, go read this - To The Girl of the Same Name by JessieLoi.

Happy Merry New Year People =)

No comments: