Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Jess Really Just Wanna Be Alone

I can be alone, yeah
I can watch the sunset on my own
I can be alone, yeah
I can watch the sunset on my own
I can be alone, yeah
I can watch the sunset on my own


Kate Nash - Merry Happy

Merry Happy - Kate Nash

There's something spiritual about being alone. That's when all other voices quiet down and you can finally hear your own, and some others not of this world. You start to hear things you know you have been desperately trying to bury, you start to hear things you know you need to fix, you start to wonder if you are becoming crazy uncle Larry.

And so when we can't take it anymore, we blast the music clear and loud, drowning out all the other voices, allowing them to be nothing more than an alternative note in the music. It is like when you clap aloud in a concert, you don't hear it because it is only that tiny compared to everything else around. You feel waves of emotion as depicted in that artistic brain of the melody writer. You start feeling his or her pain but not yours.

I decided when all is to no avail, all you have to do is just shut the world out, express yourself.

Shut the world out, express yourself.

Grow that little emotion, that little thought that was turned away by the world, that was dismissed as trivial.

Because it is not.

It is inside you and wants to be set free.
Grow it,
grow yourself.
Then,
set it free.

28th May 2008

No comments: