Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Know It's A Little Late...

But...
It's the thought that counts!
Asalkan lambat, biarkan selamat.

Better late than never?


No wonder we are such procrastinators...
We have all these to excuse our behavior!

But then again, maybe there is no cause and effect relationship there but a correlational one..
hmmmm.......
akibat study too much these days.......
Jess you are so fabulously hardworking!
You shall deserve an ice-cream now!

*goes grab an ice cream and grow 5pounds fatter*
My ambition is to join 'The Biggest Loser' wtf


Where was I again...
RIGHT!

On March 1st 2009, this person turned 21.

"i'm single and fierceeeee"

This person is none other than my fabulous soul mate whom share my fabulous name - Jessica Loi Li-Wei. Our names (and also thinking though she denies it) are incredibly similar - Jessica Loke Ling-Xin.

"i'm a goldfish!"

She has been advertising the fact that she is single since 2007 - she requested that I shout out her phone number when I introduced her as President of Sixth-Form Society - yet nobody has replied to her ad yet. (And I can't blame them after seeing that picture)

"Amber Loi in action"

Many people thinks that she is a nerd. And they are right, she IS a nerd. She is the one of the most avid readers I know and whom we all borrow books from and have yet to return, until now - 1.5 years later.

Sorry Loi it took me 1 year to finally finish reading Emily Bronte and I don't plan to read Terry Pratcher because I don't like it's cover yet you told me it's a nice book so I don't know what to do...

"Typical Loi"

First impression wise - May 2006, I thought she looked really old for a 18 year-old and was wondering why is this woman talking so much and so enthusiastic about the orientation activities. Then, the first thing we did together was sing and dance to the song - Stand By Me, in front of about 200 people. *omg embarrassing memories ERASEERASEERASE*

"Please donate some money, I have no more shoes"
I'm serious, she really doesn't own not even a single pair of shoes now.

And though I've only known you for 3 years now, some of the funniest, most insane, stupidest and loveliest memories I have are with you. Meeting 7am at Lake View catch bees while screaming our lungs out, running after Rapid KL every Friday sweating like a pig, followed by running after the KTM with sweat mixed with tears *it was a 10mins run!*, inventing Rapid Penang (oh yes we did!), being a member of the Fantastic 4 aka the 'daisy hates us' group and the most vivid memory I have of you was the moment you stared at my pie chart which flew to the front of the class during Pengajian Am STPM, your eyes couldn't believe what you were seeing, your jaw dropped open and you were perhaps even mouthing OH.MY.GOD.

*sniff sniff* I can't let go of my devastating 'pie chart' memory.


So anyways HAPPY 21ST LOI!
Wow, I didn't mention about your 7.5cm forehead the entire post.

Next,
this other favorite person of mine also turned 21 last April the 9th!


I think if I wanna tell you about the stupid things that happen with this girl, I won't finish until next year. So I'll tell you the one most important thing I learn from her.

The other day I asked her how did she celebrated her birthday. And she told me the first thing she did when she wake up was text her mum. Like how weird is that right?! (Maybe to me only lar, the only thing I'll text is - Mummy i'm hungry buy food for me please) Amelia replied, "Of course I have to text my mum! I mean, 21 years ago it was one of the most difficult day for her in labor. Of course I have to text to say thanks mummy and all."

Oh.....
How guilty I felt at that moment.

For once I'm saying something nice about you Amelia instead of decribing your stupidity, happy or not?


Besides the reminder to be selfless and to love my mummy, Amelia also reminded me the fact we all do indeed start out with good intentions. Initially we do start out wanting to perform certain good deeds or wanting to complete certain favors for others. Yet, our thinking will come into play and start providing us with excuse not to do those things. In other words, your 'self' stepped into this selfless thought and made it not so selfless anymore. Finally, we just abandon that thought convincing ourselves 'it's the thought that counts!'

There are so many things that we said we "WANTED" to do yet fail to complete.

Ben : I WANTED to take Philip out for dinner on his birthday.

Shiny : I WANTED to buy something nicer for Philip.

(they bought him a comb and a mirror for his 21st birthday)
Philip : I WANTED Shiny.


The topic has deviated so far away from Amelia.

Anyways...

More about her next time lar.
I wanted to finish up wishing MingSze Happy Birthday too but I'm bored typing now, you're bored reading now and we shall all move on to wasting our lives in facebook now. kthnxbai.

No comments: