Tuesday, August 18, 2009

There Are Better Things Ahead, Than Any We Leave Behind

It's the saddest thing knowing it's the last time I'm going to hear your loud guffaw, knowing it's the last time our lives are going to cross path this closely. It is difficult for me yet I know it is going to be so much more difficult for you in a foreign land.

I pray that the Lord will send out all His angels to keep you safe; that regardless of everything around you, you will remain strong in mind, body and heart. I pray all that you do continue to find favor in His eyes and that you may continue to complete His will as you have done thus far. I pray that you'll find peace in Him as you start this new chapter of your life; that when the thought that you are in Nebraska finally sinks in, His presence will be with you.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

James 1:2-4

So, have a safe journey my dear friend, as I quote Jon Yam - "Stay awesome!"

ps -
I'll be going away for camp until Friday, so guys, if I don't reply it's not because I'm drunk okay (Ya, that is directed to JC) Happy holiday guys! Have a great one!