Wednesday, September 23, 2009

When Faith Moves Mountains

"Faith is a means by which one resigns in the present to invest an abstract future promise." Cuauhtemoc Medina

I was deluded by the thinking that by living in the present means I should do all that I want to do without further reasoning because careful reasoning and thinking will only impede my actions. And people always say you'll have more regrets over things you did not do than regrets on things you did perform. Carpe Diem! Seize the day! It's all so misleading; you feel almost obliged to do certain things you don't have a good feeling about just so you can 'live life to the fullest!'. If we refuse, we'll get the line "Why you so not sporting one?" As a result, so many of us live today with no principles nor firm beliefs. We take life as life is thrown at us and we whine about the predicament "the world put us into". In other words, we are but slaves of whatever life gives us.

I'm afraid of leaving. I wasn't afraid before but I am now; I was asleep before but now my eyes are wide open. Before, I had nothing to lose; but, now I'm afraid of losing my values, everything I stand for, I'm afraid of losing my faith, afraid of losing Him.

It is an abstract future, but it is not one without sound reasoning. It is not blind. I am not deluded, at least I no longer am =) and for this, I can only thank Lord. I can only pray that my faith be strong enough to guide me through what life throws at me so I can rise above those circumstances and stand as a witness for His mercy and grace.

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20


Be careful what you wish for,
history starts now.

World by Five for Fighting

2 comments:

SAMMY said...

HE won't lose YOU.

Simply Jess said...

=) thanks for your encouragement Sammy!