Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Help me Bless Your Heart

As You have blessed mine.


Whenever I start to complain,
this picture never fail to bring me back into focus.


People:
Hey Jess! When are you leaving?

Me:
Next month I guess.

People:
Oh. Which university are you leaving to?

Me:
Err...... Don't know.

People:
And.........you're leaving next month?

Me:
Errr..... I guess.......

Waiting...

I get these questions on the average about two times daily. The thing about trusting God is, you really, really, REALLY gotta put your whole trust in Him. You have to face that uncertainty -not only questions from yourself but crazy load of questions from others; you have to face certain discouragements - "Wah! Until now also haven't apply visa, want die ah?!?!" And most definitely, after a period of waiting, when the right time comes, you have to make that first move in times of uncertainty, the first move that will be the deciding factor. It has to be a leap of faith, because there is no land before you.


Jesus: *walking on water*
Come, walk towards me.

Could be me:
Errr Jesus, this is water You know. H20. The daya apungan (I studied Physics SPM in Malay) is not strong enough to lift a human body one You know. Some more I've put on some weight lately, will jatuh inside one!


Of course, this is not how it goes in the Bible and you might even laugh because of how absurd it sounds. But that is how many of us are today - we think we know better than God. Ridiculous eh?

After praying and waiting for months now, I had an epiphany today. It said something like, "Hey gurrrrrrrrrrrl, you have already received 54783 signs, how many more do you want? Make your move already!"


What is this?! #12345


What is this?! #54321


So...
Jessica,
what is it gonna be?


In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling out to one another:

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.

At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty."

Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal on his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Isaiah 6: 1-8

I cried when I first heard this few months ago.
It still grips my heart every time I hear it now.
Will I go for Jesus Christ, the one who died for me on the cross?

No comments: