Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 2010

The new semester has started.
I have a feeling that a new battle is starting.


I'm feeling the weight of my workload and constantly am questioning whether I'm able to handle it all.

What am I talking about?!

Of course I can't!

I hear the Savior say,
"Thy strength indeed is small.
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all."


I've been having the time of my life this past month. Although I was terrified about leaving Malaysia, I'm feeling right at home here in Lincoln, Nebraska. The first few weeks at a new place, meeting new people, there is always a 'break the ice' conversation. The one which you struggle to think of anything possible to ask the other party so we won't have to face the awkward silence and look everywhere but the person's face. The most common question people will ask you is -

So, why Lincoln? Why Nebraska? Why UNL?

Me: Lincoln picked me.

It reminds me of times people proclaim, "I have found GOD!" It gets me a little irritated when I hear people say that. I really want to know, what does it mean when people say, "I have found GOD!" What do you mean when you say you FOUND GOD? Was GOD buried underneath your pile of dirty laundry? Or was GOD hiding from you? Was GOD lost? NO!

HE has been here all along. HE has been searching for you. You were lost until HE FOUND YOU! He found you because HE love you so much that HE didn't give up on you, and HE STILL IS PURSUING YOU!

I am able to pray because GOD is helping me to pray.
I am able to sing His praises because He put songs in my heart.
I am able to do all things I'm doing because His hands are guiding me.

Jesus picked me.
He found me.

Frankly, I want to yell when people call me religious. I am not religious. None of this is my own work. NONE OF IT IS MY EFFORT. School work, participation in ministry, relationships with people, and my personal relationship with GOD; it is all His works evident in my life. When I worry, He comforts me. When I grow weary, He carried me. Fact is, I'm bankrupt, and He is all I have. All the glory and praise goes to He who lives in me.

Jesus, I my cross have taken,
All to leave and follow Thee.
Destitute, despised, forsaken,
Thou from hence my all shall be.
Perish every fond ambition,
All I've sought or hoped or known.
Yet how rich is my condition!
God and heaven are still my own.


Song lyrics -
Jesus paid it all
Jesus I my cross have taken

No comments: