Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Difficult Times

The AP Mobile alert keep going off in my phone, telling me about the 8.9 magnitude earthquakes and later after quakes, the waves of tsunami, and the multiple explosions happening in nuclear plants in Japan. At times like this, I don't know what to do. How is it that I can help besides giving money to whichever organizations I stumble upon that seem credible enough.

It is difficult to know the right thing to do; or the thing that God wants us to do. Does God really want us to bond together and petition to Him? Or just give $10 to the Red Cross and continue on with our lives. At times like these I am at a lost of God's purpose in midst of suffering.

The only answer that comes back is from Job chapter 38 and 39.
"Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge?" Job 38:2

Surely I am merely human with cognitive abilities no where near the almighty. God's answer does sound a little like "I can do this because I am God". But I am sure (or hopeful) when we leave this world and see the bigger picture, we might start to understand His plans.

Maybe.
I'm human, doubt is inevitable.

So in finding solace, I go back to prayers.
Hoping that others who are in the midst of suffering will do the same.
Hoping that they will find comfort in knowing that a higher power is still in control of all things.

1 comment:

JH said...

Well, God is just, yes?
He lets good things happen to good people and bad people, believers and non-believers, yes?
Bad things can happen to bad people, as well as good people too.
So it is quite pointless to ask why bad things happen to good people, but do not find it strange that good things happen to bad people too.